There is a time to push and there is a time to pull.
Where Courageous Conversations focuses on the pull, through questioning, listening and seeking to understand. The Assertive Manager focuses on the push, through confident, assertive leadership. Each has its value and as managers, we need to be able to do both appropriately.
Assertiveness is a commonly used term but what does it actually mean to be assertive. What does it look like, sound like and feel like to be assertive? What prevents us from being the confident, assertive manager we sometimes need to be. We all have challenging conversations from time to time, having a clear strategy with tried and tested tools and techniques can really make the job much easier.
In this scenario based, online workshop we will explore the techniques needed to be an assertive leader.
We will cover –
· How to plan and prepare for a challenging meeting.
· How to influence without creating conflict.
· How to make sure your voice is heard.
· How our mindset impacts on our behaviour and how our behaviour impacts on others.
· How to recognise the impact others behaviour has on us.
· Where we sit on the scale of assertiveness
· How to use assertive language.
· Simple techniques for ensuring we remain, calm, confident and clear.
Our next Assertive manager workshop will be announced shortly.